Wisdom teeth, also known as third molars, are the last set of teeth to emerge in the mouth, usually appearing in the late teenage years or early adulthood. For some people, wisdom teeth come in without any problems and function just like any other teeth. However, some people may end up with impacted wisdom teeth, meaning they are unable to fully emerge from the gums due to a lack of space in the mouth. Impacted wisdom teeth can cause a variety of problems, including pain, infection, and damage to surrounding teeth. This may require emergency wisdom tooth extraction and we are sharing all the important information about the causes and treatment process of an emergency dental extraction.
Pain – The Most Obvious Reason for Getting Emergency Tooth Extraction
One common reason for needing emergency wisdom tooth removal near me is pain. Wisdom teeth that are impacted or partially erupted can cause discomfort or pain as they try to emerge from the gums. This pain can range from mild to severe and can be constant or intermittent. If the pain is severe or interferes with daily activities, an emergency surgical extraction may be necessary to provide relief.
Preventing or Removing Infection from Teeth Through Impacted Wisdom Teeth Removal
Another reason for needing dentist wisdom teeth removal is infection. Impacted wisdom teeth can easily trap food and bacteria in the gums, leading to infections. These infections can be painful and may spread to other areas of the mouth or body if left untreated. Getting your wisdom teeth removed may be necessary to prevent or treat these infections. A good dentist like Nearest Emergency Dentist can effectively identify such problems and treat them fully.
Stopping the Spread of Damage Using Wisdom Teeth Treatment
Impacted wisdom teeth can also cause damage to surrounding teeth. When wisdom teeth are unable to fully emerge from the gums, they start pushing against other teeth in the wisdom teeth location. This leads to misaligned or crowded teeth. You may end up facing problems with chewing, biting, and speaking, and may also increase the risk of tooth decay and gum disease. Emergency oral surgery may be necessary to prevent these problems.
Emergency Dentist Tooth Extraction to Remove Tumors and Cysts
Another reason for needing wisdom tooth extraction near me is a cyst or tumor that has developed around the wisdom tooth. These growths can cause damage to surrounding teeth and tissues and may require the removal of the wisdom tooth to fully remove the cyst or tumor and retain good oral health. Choose a good dentist like Nearest Emergency Dentist for the best results in such cases.
Complications Requiring Walk in Wisdom Tooth Removal
Some people may need to visit an emergency oral surgeon due to complications during the extraction process. Removing wisdom teeth can be more complicated than removing other teeth due to their position in the back of the mouth and their proximity to nerves and other important structures. If complications such as bleeding or damage to surrounding teeth or tissues occur during the extraction process, emergency dental care may be necessary.
Treatment Process Involved in Emergency Wisdom Tooth Removal Near Me
The treatment process for emergency tooth extraction typically involves the following steps in :
- Consultation: The first step in the treatment process is to visit the dentist or oral surgeon for a consultation. During this visit, the provider will assess your dental health and discuss the options for wisdom tooth removal.
- Preparation: Before the tooth extraction near me, you may need to take certain precautions, such as avoiding certain medications or foods. The dentist will give specific instructions on how to prepare for the procedure.
- Anesthesia: During the wisdom tooth removal procedure, you may receive local anesthesia to numb the area around the tooth if needed. This will help to minimize discomfort during the procedure.
- Extraction: The actual wisdom tooth removal procedure typically involves making an incision in the gums to expose the tooth and then using a tool to loosen the tooth and remove it. In some cases, the tooth may need to be divided into smaller pieces to be removed.
- Recovery: After the wisdom tooth removal procedure, the individual will need to rest and allow the extraction site to heal. The provider will give specific instructions on how to care for the extraction site and manage any discomfort. It is common to experience swelling and discomfort for a few days after the procedure. The provider may prescribe pain medication to help manage these symptoms.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do Wisdom Tooth Extractions Count As Dental Emergencies?
Depending on the reason why you need your wisdom teeth extracted, it can be classified as an emergency. Sudden pain is the most common cause of an emergency.
2. Do I Need To Remove My Wisdom Teeth?
This is something that only your dentist can tell you. Be sure to visit regularly for teeth examinations to figure out if your wisdom teeth may need removing.
3. How much does it cost to pull a tooth out?
The cost varies a lot and depends on a wide range of factors. These include the dentist’s experience, the area of operation, the length of the procedure, and more.
Now that you know what could lead to emergency wisdom tooth extraction and the process involved in removing them, you can be better prepared. If you live in Texas and ever actually end up needing this treatment, we suggest that you visit the Nearest Emergency Dentist. They offer great treatment, 24/7 online booking, and phone support as well.